At ELTEC, school zone flashing beacon warning systems are manufactured to the specific requirements of each project. Providing a limited number of pre-configured systems (cookie-cutter) is not the ELTEC way. Competitively priced, all are available in either AC or DC (solar powered).
Systems powered by the sun are sized for geographical locations and load (hours of operation and number of beacons/signals on each pole) guaranteeing sufficient power for the flashing beacons. A 12 month solar sizing report is submitted with each project ensuring adequate power to support one, two or three signals on each pole. As required by the Federal Highway Administration, flashing beacons are never dimmed during the day, a method employed by some manufacturers to converse battery capacity.
Below are a few examples of custom system options and hardware. Let us know your project requirements.
- IP Address Time Clock - Manage your school zone flashing beacons
- Connection options: Internet- Intranet- Cell Modem- Wi-Fi
The System 3000 operates as a stand-alone time-based controller, allowing it to be used anywhere a time-based relay output controller is required.
DLPRO 3000 Software:
- Manage and monitor school beacons from anywhere – Software resides on central computer on server for multiple access
LANG 3000 GATEWAY
- Manages six schedules; up to 120 clocks
- Flexible installation options: Examples: Intersection cabinet, Tower/water tower, Inside buildings, School pole cabinet
TC-3000 TIME CLOCK
- Large schedule campacity; Weekly, 365 exceptions plus 25 holidays
- Clock time set by computer
- Clock operates on AC or DC
- Repeater function: clock to clock: up to five legs
- Operates on either AC or DC/Solar
- Non-Volatile memory: minimum seven day capacitive backup
- 37 Program schedules;
- 250 Program steps:
- 36 Alternate programs
- 36 Exceptions automatically adjust to Daylight Savings Time and Leap Year
- Keypad for direct programming programmable from computer with DLPRO 17E Software
- Option: Two Relays
- Operates on either AC or DC/Solar
- Built-in DC flasher
- Non-Volatile Memory: Minimum 7 day Capacitive Backup
- 6 Daily intervals; up to 25 holidays; up to 365 Exception Days
- Keypad for Direct Programming: Alpha/Numeric Backlit Display Automatically Adjust to DC and Leap Year
- Clock to clock schedule transfer
- Programmable from computer with DLPRO 28 software
- Upgradable to IP/Network Time Clock (TC-3000)
- Options: Two Relays, GPS TimeSync
A standard school zone flashing beacon system includes poles, flashing beacon(s) in housing heads (polycarbonate or aluminum) with visors and an electronics cabinet with a time clock, flasher and pre-assembled wiring for easy installation.
- AC or DC solar powered
- System flexibility: Tailored to meet requirements
- Programmable flashing with ELTEC time clock
- 8” or 12” LED Signal Heads: no price difference
- AC: optional battery back-up
- Meets MUTCD specifications and ITE Standards
When AC power is not available or practical, solar power is the solution. ELTEC’s solar powered School Zone uses high efficient solar panels that come with a 20 year warranty. Each system is sized for geographical location and electrical load for optimal effectiveness guaranteeing sufficient power for the flashing beacons—the light intensity never fades! Below are additional features for (DC) solar units.
- Self Contained
- Top or Side-of-Pole Mounting Rack
- No Power Interruption
- No Trenching or Boring for Cable
- No Electrical Bills
- Solid State FS-Flasher
- Maintenance Free AGM battery: 5 year pro-rated warranty
- Electrical Contractors Not Required for Installation
- Solar Charge Controller with LCD Display showing Battery Voltage, Charge Current, and Load Current
- High Efficiency Self Cleaning Solar Modules: 20 Year Warranty
- Sized by Computer Program: ensures power-generated meets/exceeds load requirements. ELTEC supplies a solar analysis report at no cost
- Signal Light Intensity is NOT Reduced as a Function of Battery Voltage during Long Operating Time. Beacons Stay Bright and Effective!
- Flash Rate is Constant at Selected Rate: does NOT vary as a function of battery voltage