24-Hour warning to caution systems are designed to alert motorist of an impending condition.
Each ELTEC warning system is built to project specifications. The power source may be either AC or solar powered (DC). System designs include but are not limited to:
- Signal or Stop Ahead
- Dangerous Curve or intersection Ahead
- Emergency Vehicles (not activated by fire staff or medics)
- Pedestrian Crossing (not activated by pedestrian)
Some warning systems are triggered only with certain conditions. Some examples are:
- Radar/Traffic Calming: speed sign or signals flash when speed is exceeded
- Oversized Vehicle/Low Overpass: must exit
- High Water/Flood Conditions
- Wet Road: slippery when wet
Eah solar powered system is sized doe geographical location and electrical load guaranteeing sufficient power. A solar sizing report is generated doe each project ensuring adequate power to support signals, radar signs, detection devices, etc. As required by the Federal highway Administration (FHWA), flashing beacons are never dimmed during the day, a method employed by some manufacturers to converse battery capacity.
ELTEC’s warning systems meet the Federal Highway Administrations’ MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices) and ITE (Institute of Transportation Engineers) standards.
24 Hour Traffic Warning with Sign Night Light
Below are additional features for (DC) solar units.
- Self Contained
- Top or Side-of-Pole Mounting Rack
- No Power Interruption
- No Trenching or Boring for Cable
- No Electrical Bills
- Electrical Contractors/Technicians Not Required for Installation
- High Efficiency Self Cleaning Solar Modules with 20 year warranty
- Controller with LCD Display Showing Battery Voltage, Solar Array and Load Current
- Solid State Flasher. See FS-2A Flasher
- Sealed Gel or AGM Sealed Deep Cycle Batteries with 5 Year (pro-rated) Warranty
- Sized by Computer Program: Insures Power Generated meets/exceeds Load Requirements
- LED Light Intensity is NOT Reduced as a Function of Battery Voltage During Long Operating Times—lights stay bright!
- Flash Rate is Constant at Selected Rate: Does Not Vary as a Function of Battery Voltage